Saturday, February 16, 2008

Monsters of Folk Album?

If you are a fan of any of the artists involved (Jim James, M Ward and Bright Eyes) I am sure you know all about the 2004 Monsters Of Folk Tour. Fast forward to the other day, there was a reunion of sorts at a concert for Obama in Omaha Neb. A rumors is circulating the interwebs that they all stuck around in Omaha to record a full album together. Lets hope its true. Here are a few tracks from the 2004 tour.

If anyone can confirm or deny this please let me know.

M Ward- Vincent O'Brien
Jim James - At Dawn
Bright Eyes - Waste Of Paint
M Ward - Outta My Head
Girl From the North Country (all 3 performing together)
Girl From the North Country (Alt DL Link)

Update:
This dude's blog has some more info.

"During the wait, I stood on line next to Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes. He was a nice guy, and he told me that he would soon be working on an album from Conor Oberst, M. Ward, and Jim James (My Morning Jacket) together. This would explain why all three were in town the other night for the Obama rally at Slowdown. I lost him when we had to go to separate lines to check in. In the chaos of the gym, I was unable to find him again."

No comments: