Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: Trophy Wives instore preformance at Ear X-tacy

This past Saturday I started my day with a fresh cup of coffee and a wonderful bagel then got my shit in gear to go get a little St Patricks Day celebration going down on Bardstown Rd. The annual parade began at 3 which was the same time the Trophy Wives were playing an instore at ear x-tacy... i chose the trophy wives over old guys in corvettes named McSomethingorother and tiny, tiny cars. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy any occasion to throw back a beer and celebrate a saint/leprechuan but it's been a while since i've seen them play so that was my deciding factor.


The guys put on a great set for the afternoon patrons and assured me they were still a band I need to keep our eye on. They have a split 7" out now with the Glasspack and a full album out this July. I couldn't make it out to their show Saturday night but i won't miss any in the future!


Below is a video i shot of one of the songs and some photos by Marife Bautista.







No comments: